Coalition Contact Jeannette L. Hasley
Spencer Regional Hospital
1200 First Avenue East Spencer, IA 51301
Meeting Time and Location
We are scheduled to meet on the 4th Friday of every month from 8:30-10:00 at Spencer Hospital
We aim to increase and sustain breastfeeding rates, ultimately improving the health of our communities, through the promotion, education, and support of breastfeeding
Current and Recent Projects
- We did an initial brainstorming to identify barriers in the community and in our hospital for support of breastfeeding. From those barriers we developed our goals/projects.
- Worked with our county fair to provide Lactation Lounges at 2 locations on the fair grounds. We will be working with other public venues to do the same.
- Development of breastfeeding goodie bags to give to all moms that deliver at the hospital and are breastfeeding.
- Working with the Blue Zones Team in our area to promote/educate and provide expertise on setting up other Lactation Lounges in their place of business.
- Provide moms in the area with options to purchase breastfeeding supplies and intimate apparel (breastfeeding bras). This is through a Medela mini store that is in the OB department of Spencer Hospital.