Breastfeeding: A Gift That Lasts a Lifetime
Mission Statement: Providing, promoting and coordinating breastfeeding education, support and evaluation through local coalitions, health care providers, educational institutions, and other interested individuals.
- Assure access to comprehensive, current, and culturally appropriate lactation care and services for all women, children and families.
- Ensure that breastfeeding is recognized as the normal and preferred method of feeding infants and young children.
- Ensure that all state and local laws relating to child welfare and family law recognize and support the importance and practice of breastfeeding.
- Increase protection, promotion and support for breastfeeding mothers in the work force.
Who We Are:
Our membership is made up of lactation consultants, dietitians, nurses, nurse practitioners, peer counselors, mothers and grandmothers who are interested in promoting and protecting the rights of breastfeeding women. We welcome anyone who is interested in supporting mothers and babies breastfeeding.
Membership entitles you to:
- Submit articles for and receive the IBC Newsletter which is published three times a year that is full of relevant breastfeeding information and resources
- Vote and run for office
- Receive notice of our meetings where you will learn what is happening in the legislation regarding breastfeeding in the workplace, listen to speakers who will provide education on breastfeeding, learn how you can help support breastfeeding for all babies in the state of Iowa, become acquainted with other breastfeeding advocates
- Access the members only section of the website.
- Social networking through Facebook
- Help plan educational opportunities for the public
Board Members 2016/2017
Jocelyn Parris, CLC Bloomfield, IA
Patricia Perring, CLC
Beth Buchholtz, RN, IBCLC Belmond, IA
Michelle Wieberg, RN, IBCLC Des Moines, IA
Marieta Boberg, MS, RD, LD, IBCLC, RLC Des Moines, IA
Nicole Newman, RD, LD, CLC Des Moines, IA